Friday, June 26, 2009

That's what he said...

So...

I'm going to be home alone for the next 3 weeks (as of today).

Possibly my favorite band (hit the lights) just came out with a new ep (extended play) and it sounds absolutely incredible. You need to check out songs such as "Coast to Coast," and "Pulse," they're way awesome.

Another one of my favorite bands (all time low) is releasing their new cd July 7th, and I am more excited than I was during the slo motion Megan Fox scene during the second transformers flick...

P.S. If you are a girl that is reading this, do not insinuate the whoreishness of Megan Fox just because she is a very pretty girl who just so happens to be pretty enought to have her own slo motion segment in a bigtime blockbuster movie. God made you the way you are, and the fact that thousands upon thousands of young men across the country behaved and will behave chauvinisticly when Megan Fox is displayed in a rather superficial manner up on the big screen does not change the fact God made you the way you are and simply wants you to take care of yourself and be happy with the fact that you don't look like everyone else. Wow, I didn't realize that spiel would be as long as it was... anyways... new all time low album... I am thoroughly excited for it.

I should be adopting this kitten I've been rambling about this weekend hopefully... which will likely exhaust my already miniscule aptitudes for responsibility seeing as my parents will be away and I will have to look after the kitten all by my lonesome.

Now for the slightly more weighty segment of this blog entry...

I know I've already made reference to the new transformers flick (which I highly reccomend), but a film that I found to be much more moving, and just as enjoyable, was a picture known only as "The Soloist." "The Soloist," (supposedly based on a true story) is a tale about a journalist, plagued by writers block, who meets a sensational violinist/cellist (cellist being a term used to describe one who excels at playing the cello) who is antogonized by a combination far worse than mere writers block. Jamie Fox plays a poverty stricken, schizophrenic who wanders the streets of Los Angeles playing his violin that furnishes only two strings. The struggling journalist and the perfectly content spirit of a thoroughly tortured soul, meet by chance near a statue just outside of the L.A. Times headquarters where adventure and inspiration ensue. Needless to say I not only recommend this movie but I insist that you see it!

Finally, I just wanted to mention, in case anyone out there wants to interact with my entries, that it takes little time to setup an acount with google.com. Once you have an account you can create your own blog, or perhaps just comment on mine. I suppose that is all for today... toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment