Thursday, December 10, 2009

So I have just recently stumbled across a rather saddening epiphany... after reading my Bible none-the-less! Haha... moreover, I ended up writing a poem about some difficult stuff I've been fighting through... ultimately the poem is about friendship, and was actually provoked by Proverbs 18:24. I intend to begin writing poetry again, as i used to write it often in high school; it's certainly something i enjoy... hopefully most attempts will be less gloomy than this:

"It's not our fault"

they're so descriptive, they won't cease to flow,
take me at my world, you'll never really know,

your disease puts me to sleep, it's never been this easy,
but what I'm saying is smoking gun, ignore, or look and believe me,

i'll tell you if you wish to know, i've never been a closed book,
i'll tell you where you can find me out, where you'd have to look,

i'm literally dehydrated, but still, I drown
i'd kill to trade, i covet to dawn your frown

i labored seven years, then i labored seven more,
i would work off each of your tears, i'd work every murderous chore,

drowning again, but not in your lament,
foolish to think, you might share the same torment,

he gave me a fake, he gave me a friend,
he fed me deception, he fed me a God send,

i can't see him, he is subtle, he is conniving,
he does not exist, i pretend that i cannot find where he is hiding,

i labored many days, then i labored many more,
he spat upon me this great haze, bolted and locked each door,

i was promised unity, i was promised life,
i was promised death, i was promised strife,

lonely isn't an adjective, lonely isn't a feeling,
lonely is a lifestyle, loneliness is reeling,

i am the wound, you are the salt,
no certainty remains, be certain it's not our fault,


Lastly, I'd just like to encourage anyone who is reading... Christian or non-christian to read Proverbs 18... it's a really remarkable chapter that yields so much wisdom. Visit biblegateway.com now before you forget!

Thank you so much for reading... whenever someone tells me they've been reading my blog it really means so much to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment